Sunday, 25 September 2011

Posting the washing

I received a text yesterday from my daughter who has just started first year at a Scottish university. The text read, "Can you go on skype? I need to post my washing. x"

After I'd stopped laughing at the mistake in predictive text (it should, of course, have said, "I need to sort my washing"), we had a discussion on skype about washing. She held up an article of clothing, and we decided between us which clothes should go into which pile to be washed.

I wondered aloud if she had ever thought she would be sorting out washing on a Saturday morning. Until recently, Saturdays were for either working, or lying in followed by shopping and meeting friends. How life changes.

It's the changes in life that have made me wonder if I should resurrect my blog, sadly neglected since 2008. This is a "toe in the water" post, but I did think it would be fun to record some of these first-year-student anecdotes.

2 comments:

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

Have you thought about linking your posts to Facebok?

Fish Wife's Tales said...

I think I've managed to link to FB!